Welcome to BMMS Math Team 2021-2022
BMMS math team is organized by parents for students committed to develop their math knowledge and problem solving skills. Club members will meet weekly to deepen math knowledge from concept to practice. Team will prepare for annual competitions such as AMC 8, AMC 10, MathCounts, and MathLeague. Additionally, club will coordinate with high school students with excellent math skill and fresh competition experience to coach a few occurrences when possible.
The club will not succeed without parent volunteers. We encourage all parents with STEM background to step up to coach a few meetings.
Head Coach: Kai Deng
Head Coach: Hemali Shah
Per BMMS guidance, weekly meeting of 2021-2022 will be held virtually. We are meeting on Zoom every Tuesday 6pm. Zoom Link for weekly meeting Zoom Class
- 2022 Math League Algebra 1
- Daniel Namgoong (8th) and David He (8th), score: 28, 1st place in BMMS
- Derek Lam (8th), score: 26, 3rd place in BMMS
- Sparsh Singhai (8th), score: 25, 4th place in BMMS
- Nishk Shah (8th), Ayushi Sheth (7th), and Avaneesh Sharma (7th), score: 24, 5th place in BMMS
- 2022 AMC 8
- David He (8th), Distinguished Honor Roll (top 1%) with score of 22, 1st place in BMMS.
- Derek Lam (8th) and Chloe Liang (7th), Honor Roll with score of 19, 2nd place of BMMS
- Raunav Mendiratta, Certificate of Achievement.
- Aneesh Nayak, Certificate of Achievement.
- Elaine Wen, Certificate of Achievement.
- 2022 Math League Grade Level
- Grade 6 –
- Jack He, 1st place in BMMS, 4th place in Region.
- Matthew Priore and Aneesh Nayak, 2nd place in BMMS
- Elaine Wen, 4th place in BMMS
- Sylvia Liang, 5th place in BMMS
- Grade 7
- Sarah Deng, 1st place in BMMS, 3rd place in Region.
- Avaneesh Sharma, 2nd place in BMMS, 4th place in Region.
- Chloe Liang, 3rd place in BMMS
- Landon Luong, 4th place in BMMS
- Ayushi Sheth and Ethan Zhou,, 5th place in BMMS
- Grade 8
- David He, 1st place in BMMS, 1st place in Region, 11th place in CA League.
- Derek Lam, 2nd place in BMMS
- Daniel Namgoong, 3rd place in BMMS
- Maanit Mehta, Simran Tilani, and Sparsh Singhai, 4th place in BMMS
- Grade 6 –
- 2022 MathCounts Chapter
- David He (8th) 1st place in BMMS (tie breaker winner in Chapter)
- Daniel Namgoong (8th) 1st place in BMMS
- Sarah Deng (7th) 3rd place in BMMS (tie breaker winner in Chapter)
- Chloe Liang (7th) 3rd place in BMMS
- Elaine Wen (6th) 3rd place in BMMS
- 2021 Fall AMC 10B
- Daniel Namgoong (8th) Certificate of Achievement, AIME Qualifier, 1st place in BMMS
- David He (8th) 2nd place in BMMS
- Sarah Deng (7th) 3rd place in BMMS
- Best Performance Award – Group #2
- Daniel Namgoong (Group Captain)
- Simran Tilani
- Sylvia Liang
- Aneesh Nayak
- Chloe Liang
MathCounts Chapter Qualifiers (Alphabetic order)
AMC 10B Qualifiers (Alphabetic order)
Participation Points (2/8/22)
Meeting Materials and HW
Westview Session 1 Slides HW10
HW13 – MathCounts Practice Competition #1
HW14 – MathCounts Practice Competition #2
- Due to lack of coaches volunteered, we are not able to form 2 teams this year. Instead, there will be just 1 team with faster pace.
- AMC 8 Mock Test
- 8/24/21 Kick off meeting materials
- Regular weekly meetings will be virtually on Tuesday 6pm.
- Preliminary schedule (working in progress) is shown here Schedule
- The Math students will participate in AMC8, MathCounts, MathLeague, AMC10 Competitions.
- The Mathcounts is a nationwide middle school coaching and competitive program. The school level competition for all team members will be held in January 2022. Students will be selected to represent BMMS in the San Diego Regional in February 2022. Please see Mathcounts for details.
- The AMC-8 is a 25-question, 40-minute, multiple-choice test in middle school mathematics. The contest this year will be held in January 2022. Please see AMC for details.
- The AMC-10 is a 25-question, 75-minute, multiple-choice test in secondary school mathematics containing problems which can be understood and solved with algebra and geometry concepts. AMC-10 will be conducted in November 2021. More details at AMC-10/12.
- Math League is a national competition where students compete by grade level, 6th, 7th, and 8th grade. There is also an Algebra competition we plan to participate in. The Math League competitions will be in February and April 2022. More details at The Math League.
- The registration fee is $60 per student. The fee is to cover coaching materials, competition registration, party, awards, etc. The due date is 9/10/2021. Payment: PayPal or check to BMMS Educational Foundation (please put a note that the donation is for math team). Use https://educationfoundationbmms.com/donate/, and email email@example.com with student’s name and email for communication, once you sent the donation.
- For questions, email coach Kai at firstname.lastname@example.org and coach Hemali at email@example.com
- The BMMS teacher supporting this activity is Mrs. Julie Garcia
- 2020 AMC 8
- Honor Roll and Gold Medalist: Roger Niciu
- Silver Medalist: Raine Wen, Sparsh Singhai
- 2020 AMC 10
- Gold Medalist: Raine Wen
- Silver Medalist: David He
- Bronze Medalist: Aarav Yadav
- 2021 Mathcounts Chapter
- Gold Medalist: Roger Niciu
- Silver Medalist: Raine Wen
- Bronze Medalist: David He, Aarav Yadav
- 2021 Mathleague Algebra
- Gold Medalist: David He
- Silver Medalist: Raine Wen
- Bronze Medalist: Roger Niciu